The International Sweeteners Association (ISA) and the Colombian Diabetology Federation (FDC) are organising a webinar about low/no calorie sweeteners in the current public health debate with the participation of renowned experts from various countries. The webinar will take place on 19th July 2021, at 10h00 local Colombia time (17h00 CEST).
It includes an engaging scientific programme covering various topics on the science behind the safety and efficacy of low/no calorie sweeteners, as well as a final session with live questions and answers from the speakers. Dr. Leila Barraj (USA) will present the latest data on the intake levels of low/no calorie sweeteners in Argentina, Chile and Peru expected to be published soon and Dr. Indira Sotelo (Colombia) will present about the safety of low/no calorie sweeteners’ use through the life cycle.
The role of these ingredients in weight management and glucose control will be discussed by Dr. Brian Cavagnari (Argentina) and their effect on appetite and sweet taste preference will be presented by Dr. France Bellisle (France). The webinar will be moderated by the President of the Colombian Diabetology Federation (FDC), Dr. Luisa Fernanda Bohórquez.
This webinar is supported by the Colombian Food Technology and Science Association (La Asociación Colombiana de Ciencia y Tecnología de Alimentos – ACTA).
Low/no calorie sweeteners in the current public health debate: From safety to efficacy
Dr. Luisa Fernanda Bohórquez, Colombian Diabetology Federation (FDC)
- 10h00: Welcome – Dr. Luisa Fernanda Bohórquez, Colombian Diabetology Federation (FDC)
- 10h05: How much do we consume? New data on low/no calorie sweeteners’ intake in Argentina, Chile and Peru, Dr. Leila Barraj, Exponent, USA
- 10h20: Safety of low/no calorie sweeteners’ use through the life cycle, Dr. Indira Sotelo, Universidad La Sabana, Colombia
- 10h35: Do low/no calorie sweeteners affect appetite and our “sweet tooth”?, Dr. France Bellisle, University of Paris, France
- 10h50: Low/no calorie sweeteners in weight and glucose control: Can they make a difference?, Dr. Brian Cavagnari, Universidad Católica Argentina, Argentina
- 11h05: Discussion
- 11h20: Closing remarks – Dr. Luisa Fernanda Bohórquez, Colombian Diabetology Federation (FDC)