The International Sweeteners Association (ISA) and the Brazilian Society for Food and Nutrition (Sociedade Brasileira de Alimentação e Nutrição – SBAN) are organising a webinar about the recommendations and regulation on the use of low/no calorie sweeteners from global and Brazilian perspectives, with the participation of renowned experts from various countries. The webinar will take place on 1st December 2023, at 10h00 local São Paulo time (14h00 CET).
The webinar includes an engaging scientific programme covering various topics on the science behind the role and benefits of low/no calorie sweeteners, as well as a final session with live questions and answers from the speakers.
Recommendations and regulation on the use of low/no calorie sweeteners: global and Brazilian perspectives
Dr Sueli Longo, President of the Brazilian Society for Food and Nutrition (SBAN), Brazil
- 10h00: Welcome – Dr Sueli Longo, President of the Brazilian Society for Food and Nutrition (SBAN), Brazil
- 10h05: Discrepancies in dietary and clinical practice guidelines on low/no calorie sweeteners use worldwide: the role of robust methodologies, Dr Tauseef Ahmad Khan, Senior Research Associate, Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Toronto, Canada
- 10h25: Local guideline: how low/no calorie sweeteners can be part of a balanced diet, Dr Luciana Lancha, Nutritionist, Brazil
- 10h45: Improvements in the legislation on table and dietary sweeteners in Brazil, Ms Daniela Tomei, Regulatory expert Specialist on Regulation and Food Science – Meta Regulatória, Brazil
- 11h05: Discussion
- 11h25: Closing remarks – Dr Sueli Longo, SBAN
You may register to attend live the ISA webinar on 1st December, 10h00 São Paulo time (14h00 CET), by visiting the webinar registration page here. Simultaneous translation in Portuguese, Spanish and English will be available.