Sociedad Argentina de Nutrición (SAN) and the International Sweeteners Association (ISA) are organising a webinar about health, sweet taste and pleasure with the participation of renowned experts from Latina America and beyond. The webinar will take place on 2nd December 2020, 11h00 – 12h30 (local Argentina time).
It includes an engaging scientific programme covering various topics on the science behind sugar reduction and low/no calorie sweeteners, as well as a final session with live questions and answers from the speakers. Dr. Leila Barraj (U.S.A.) will present the latest data on the intake levels of low/no calorie sweeteners in Brazil expected to be published soon and Prof. Guadalupe Echeverría (Chile) will present the recently published study on the intake of sweeteners in children in Chile. The role of these ingredients in weight management in adults will be discussed by Dr. Brian Cavagnari (Argentina) and the perception of sweet taste in the context of reformulation for sugar and calorie reduction will be presented by Dr. Adriana Gámbaro (Uruguay). The webinar will be moderated by the President of the Argentine Society of Nutrition, Dr. Monica Katz.
Health, sweetness and pleasure: is it possible?
Dr. Monica Katz, Argentine Society of Nutrition – SAN
- 11h00: Introduction by the Moderator
- 11h05: Low/ no calorie sweeteners intake in Brasil – Speaker: Dr. Leila Barraj, Exponent
- 11h20: Intake of low/ no calorie sweeteners in school children in Santiago de Chile – Speaker: Prof. Guadalupe Echeverría, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
- 11h35: Non-caloric sweeteners’ role in weight management in adults – Speaker: Dr. Brian Cavagnari, Universidad Católica Argentina
- 11h50: Sweet taste perception and determination of sweetening power in reformulation for sugar and calorie reduction – Speaker: Adriana Gámbaro, Universidad de la República de Uruguay – UdelaR
- 12h05: Discussion
- 12h20: Closing remarks by the Moderator
The webinar is available to watch on demand here.