The International Sweeteners Association (ISA) is delighted to support the roundtable discussion organised by MyNutriWeb that is taking place on 27th September 2023, at 19:30 BST. With the participation of well-renowned and respected academics, expert scientists, and dietitians from Europe and beyond, the MyNutriWeb roundtable aims to address recent reports from the World Health Organization (WHO), explore the safety assessment of LNCS and the latest scientific evidence on their impact as an alternative tool in weight management.
During the 90-minute online roundtable Professor Katherine Appleton, from the Bournemouth University, United Kingdom, will present the effects on energy intake and body weight of a sustained low calorie sweetener consumption. Then, Dr Rebeca López-García, from Logre International Food Science Consulting will talk about the safety of low and no calorie sweeteners. Finally, Ms Nichola Ludlam-Raine, Registered Dietitian, and Mr Matthew Lambert, Health Information and Promotion Manager, World Cancer Research Fund will join the panel discussion with Professor Katherine Appleton, Dr Rebeca López-García and Mr Duane Mellor and answer questions of participants.
Topic: Low and no calorie sweeteners: your questions answered
Mr Duane Mellor, Senior Lecturer and Associate Dean Public Engagement Aston Medical School, Aston University
- Introduction by the chair
- Keynote presentation 1: Sustained low calorie sweetener consumption: effects on energy intake and body weight – Speaker: Professor Katherine Appleton, Bournemouth University, UK
- Keynote presentation 2: Safety of low and no calorie sweeteners – Speaker: Dr Rebeca López-García, Principal, Logre International Food Science Consulting
- Panel discussion and Q&As:
- Nichola Ludlam-Raine, Registered Dietitian
- Matthew Lambert, Health Information and Promotion Manager, World Cancer Research Fund
You may register to the roundtable by clicking here.