Terms & Conditions
Posted: 01 Jan 1900
These Terms apply to your use of our website and our social media platforms (such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or YouTube) (insofar as they are applicable) and set out the terms on which you may access / make use of our website.
By continuing to use this website and our social media platforms, you accept these Terms.
- Information About Us
- This website is operated by the International Sweeteners Association (ISA) (“We”, “Us”, “Our”). We are registered in Belgium under VAT number BE 0424.301.259 and our registered office is at Avenue de Tervueren, 13a, Box 7; 1040 Brussels.
- Disclaimer and Liability
- This website aims to provide you with latest scientific information about the use, role and safety of low calorie sweeteners. This website also features resources for health professionals, the ISA science-outreach activities and a scientific library with an overview of latest publications in the field of low calorie sweeteners. This website is designed primarily as an informational resource. It is not intended to provide medical advice on personal health matters or to guide treatment — which is only appropriately done by a qualified health professional. Permission to reprint information in whole or in part contained on this site is granted, provided customary credit is given.
- Although we will make reasonable efforts to ensure that information contained on our website is as accurate and up-to-date as possible we do not make any representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that information on our website or accessible from it is accurate, complete or up-to-date and on this basis, we accept no liability for any inaccuracy on our website, nor for any loss or damage caused by inaccurate information. If you discover any inaccurate information on our website please let us know, and we will try to correct them.
- We accept no liability in relation to any product purchased on third parties’ websites, which you may access through our website.
- Although it is our goal to minimise disruption caused by technical errors, we do not warrant or make any commitment that our website, or any content on it, will always be available, uninterrupted or error free. We will not be liable to you if, for any reason, our website (or the services) is unavailable at any time or for any period. In addition, we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked to from our website; these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites and we will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- We accept no liability for any loss of data or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind however arising, which may be suffered by you in connection with our website.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- The contents of our website, as well as ISA publications and materials in general, may be freely used and/or disseminated on the following conditions: neither ISA name nor its materials may be used for profitable or commercial purposes*; the content of materials used/disseminated may not be modified; ISA must be attributed, by referencing the ISA name (International Sweeteners Association (ISA)) and the ISA website (www.sweeteners.org); if an ISA publication has been produced in collaboration with another organisation, the name of that organisation should be added to the attribution.
*The ISA trade name as well as all domain names containing the ISA trade name are the sole and exclusive property of the International Sweeteners Association with all rights reserved unless otherwise noted. The use of such trade name and/or domain name for commercial purposes, including for labelling purposes, without the written permission of the International Sweeteners Association is strictly forbidden. You are also advised that the International Sweeteners Association will enforce its commercial and intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
- You may download and/or print materials and/or information from our website, provided you do so under the conditions outlined under item 3.1.
- You acknowledge you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading any material from our Website.
- Acceptable Use
- You may only use our website for lawful purposes. You may NOT use our website: in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation; in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect; for the purpose of harming and/or harassing or attempting to harm and/or harass anyone in any way; to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, logic bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- You also agree not to: reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our website in contravention of these Terms; access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our website, any equipment or network on which our website is stored, any software used in the provision of our website or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- Linking to Our Website
- You are only permitted to create links to our website from other websites provided you comply with the following conditions:
- you may link to our home page or a specific page as relevant, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it;
- you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists;
- you must not establish a link to our website in any website that is not owned by you;
- you must acknowledge us by placing the following notice in a reasonably prominent place near the link “International Sweeteners Association (ISA) / www.sweeteners.org”
- We reserve the right to ask you to remove any link to our website, as determined at our sole discretion.
- Our Right To Vary These Terms
- We have the right to revise and amend these Terms from time to time.
- Law And Jurisdiction
- These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Belgium, where the ISA is registered.
- The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of Belgium shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) AND THAT either party shall be entitled to enforce any such judgment in any other jurisdiction as appropriate.
- Contact Us
To contact us, please use this link.
Thank you for visiting our website.